Ready for the beach yet? Me too. I’m starting to get tired of all the wintery dishes so tonight I opted for something lighter and fresher. It may not be bikini weather yet, but this light dish will help you get ready for it!
Citrus Shrimp Salad with White Beans and Arugula
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 6 tablespoons Newman’s Own Light Lime Dressing*
- 3/4 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- One 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cups arugula lettuce or spring mix
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the lime dressing in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté 3 minutes. When shrimp starts to turn opaque, add beans and parsley and heat through.
- Divide arugula or spring mix among four plates. Divide the bell pepper into fourths and add to the plates. Divide the shrimp mix and top each salad. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing each.
*Any kind of vinaigrette-style dressing will work. You can also make your own using 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice, cracked black pepper and a pinch of salt.