Here’s a quick way to put a twist on an old favorite! I love taking comfort foods, making them healthier and “dressing them up” to give them new life and flavor– that’s where the inspiration from this yummy sandwich came from.
Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayo
- 1 tablespoon spicy thai peanut vinaigrette (or similar dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices hearty whole grain bread
- romaine lettuce or spinach for topping
1. Combine all above ingredients (except for bread and lettuce). Mix well. Toast the bread and top with egg salad, then lettuce. Easy as that.
I had mine with roasted red pepper soup from Trader Joe’s!
Here are the dressings I used:
Recipe by Megan Ware, RDN, LD. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in The Woodlands, TX.