Serves 4 in 20 minutes or less
- 1/2 box of whole grain angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15oz can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 10-15 basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh Parmesan Reggiano, for topping
1. Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in the artichokes and cook 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 3 minutes. Add the cream cheese, lemon juice and zest and basil and combine well. Once pasta is semi-tender, add to pan mixture with tongs to continue cooking, adding about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of cooking water to pan.
2. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes until heated through. Top with one tablespoon of Parmesan per serving.
Recipe by Megan Ware, RDN, LD. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in The Woodlands, TX.