I recently posted a YouTube video discussing foods and drinks that can decrease muscle soreness. Tart cherry juice was high on the list of foods/drinks that can help your muscles recover after an intense workout so I decided to come up with a quick and easy smoothie recipe to incorporate this tasty juice.
As the dietitian for TREAD fitness, I debuted these smoothies along with Cranberry Dark Chocolate Muffins (recipe coming soon!) as a post workout meal for the 8:30 and 9:45am TREADers last Tuesday. If you’re in the Dallas area and in a rut with your current workouts or just want to try something new and challenging, check them out!
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen dark pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup natural tart cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine all above ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Makes 2 Smoothies. Nutrition Facts per 1 smoothie:
Calories: 155 Carbohydrates: 32g Protein: 5.2g