A 100 calorie muffin, can you believe it? By using fresh cranberries instead of dried cranberries, I saved a ton of calories and sugar and it gave the muffins a wonderfully tart, exciting flavor. These babies are whole grain and full of goodness with healthy ingredients such as unsweetened applesauce, Greek yogurt, cinnamon and pumpkin puree– antioxidant heaven! Not to mention, they’d look great on a holiday party table with a few fresh cranberries on the plate.
100 Calorie Cranberry Dark Chocolate Muffins
- 1 & 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 & ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/8 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Stir wet mixture into dry just until mixed. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips and let batter sit for 5 minutes.
2. Pour mixture into a muffin pan lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.