1011 Virginia Drive, Suite 104, Orlando, FL 32803

407-720-8636

The Best Snack Bars 150 Calories or Less

“What are some easy on-the-go snacks that are healthy?”

“What are the best snack bars out there?”

I hear these questions every week! Many people head to the cereal bar section and pick up the Special K bars, Fiber One, or Chewy Oatmeal bars. The problem with many of these bars is that they are high in simple carbs, low on quality protein, low in nutrients and most of all, don’t resemble real food.

The bars I’ve rated here were bought in a quest to find something healthy that my clients and I can grab on the go.

For a quick snack, I’m looking for something with around 150 calories or less, at least 2 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein. And as always, I’m looking for the least processed, most natural ingredients possible.

For a bar with more than 150 calories to serve as a more substantial snack, check out my post The Best Protein Bars.

Here are the best snack bars under 150 calories that I’ve found based on taste, nutrient content, ingredients and price:

Rise Bar Mini

You can’t get better than 3 simple ingredients. The Almond Honey bars have almonds, honey, and whey protein. They’ve got 8 grams of protein and 120 calories. They also have Mint Chip, Snicker Doodle, Chocolate Coconut, and Lemon Cashew, all with no artificial sweeteners or flavoring.

KIND Mini

All 100 calories or less, all gluten free (if that’s your thing), and 3 grams of sugar or less.

Epic Bars

Looking for something savory? For an entirely different type of bar, try Epic jerky style bars. Their meat comes from animals raised sustainably on open pasture.

RXBAR Kids

Just like the adult version but a little smaller with different flavors. RXBARs are no nonsense, simple, 4 ingredient bars. They are date based and get protein from egg whites so the texture is a little different from other bars you may have had (chewy).

Unfortunately there are more bars to steer clear of than ones to grab. Skip the fig bars, the Weight Watchers bars, and Nugo bars. They either have sketchy ingredients, loads of sugar, syrups, or sucralose or they just taste like crap. Don’t get caught up in counting calories. If you have a long way to go between meals, feel free to power up with something that’s more than 150 calories (there’s a lot more options!) And as always, make sure your snack has a good balance of protein, fat, and complex carbs to keep you from getting hungry again in an hour!

9 responses to “The Best Snack Bars 150 Calories or Less”

1. Shari says:

What a great post! Very informative. I like it when I can pronounce and recognize all the ingredients, too. Thank you, Megan, for analyzing these for us and saving us time and money!

2. Kayli Lewis says:

My go to snack bar are the Cascadian Farms Oats and Honey granola bars. Good to go or stay away? Great post!

• MeganWareRD says:

I like that they’ve only got 5 ingredients and although the second one is sugar they pass my test with under 10 grams per bar. Four grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber are pretty good as well! They didn’t make this list because they’re 180 calories so they’ll have to go on my next list with the over 150 calorie bars :) Also a plus– they’re non-GMO and much better for you than the Nature Valley’s crunchy oat bars. I vote good to go!

3. Dana @ Conscious Kitchen Blog says:

I love KIND bars – I’ll have to look for this variety! Do you have any thoughts on Larabars? Their ingredient list always looks really good to me, but not sure on things like sugar, protein, etc.

4. Jill Rogat says:

I am trying to make better choices and now I discover those Special K bars were just glorified cookies – ugh! I have seen the Luna minis but never tried them – now I will.

5. Lyndell Kimbell says:

I was glad to find this information, been looking for something about these protein bars for my diet I’m on. I am to eat a bar around 150 calories and had no clue, everyone I look at the store is over 200 calories. Thank you so much. This helps out alot.

6. For those who like chocolate in their protein, please try Rine Bars – saw them pop up as a suggestion and bought a box. They are so good for pre and post workout. And they taste SO good. Finally found a protein bar that tastes good and makes a difference to my workouts.