Creamy Habanero Tomato Soup
Serves 4 in 30 minutes or less
– 7-8 medium sized tomatoes, de-stemmed and cut in half
– 1 small habanero pepper
– 3 garlic cloves, peeled
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 3 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
– 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
– Cracked pepper to taste
– 4 Sourdough bread bowls for serving
1. In a blender, puree the tomatoes, habanero pepper and garlic cloves with 1/4 cup water. Gradually add the olive oil and tomato paste.
2. Transfer to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Add the basil, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm in a bread bowl.
Top with parmesan cheese or avocado if desired.