If you’re a self-proclaimed kitchen clutz and worried about what you’re going to take to an upcoming family gathering, work function or football watch party, I’m here to solve all your problems with this super easy, healthy pasta salad recipe.
If you can wield a knife and boil water, you can make this crowd-pleasing bowl of happiness. Seriously. The hardest thing about this recipe is driving to the store to pick up the ingredients. Your hosts will be thrilled that you brought something not smothered in cheese and your wallet will be happy you didn’t spring for those way overpriced veggie trays (can anyone tell me why they pay $30 for carrots, celery, cauliflower and ranch?).
No parties this weekend? Whip up a batch for and have a quick and portable lunch option that’s ready to grab and go for the week. Pair it with a Greek yogurt and a handful of nuts and you’ve got your protein, carbs and healthy fats all accounted for.
Healthy Whole Grain Pasta Salad
- Half box of whole grain elbow noodles
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 radishes, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped spinach
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons juice from the olives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil noodles according to package instructions. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and all ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed. That's it!
Let the salad refrigerate overnight to bring out the best flavor. Don't worry if you don't have all the veggies above or you don't like a certain few-- pick your favorites or what you have on hand and throw it all in!