So if you didn’t already know, my office is in this awesome space right across the street from East End Market in Audubon Park (Orlando) in a building called Corrine Drive Counseling Center. The center’s director, Joe Salg, is a mental health counselor. He and his team have created an awesome environment that gives people the chance to be an entrepreneur, rent their own office and be on their own, but also the ability to collaborate with other professionals.
Currently CDCC has 11 counselors specializing in everything from divorce to sex therapy, a life coach and me, the dietitian. Every month we try to get together to socialize and strategize, bounce ideas off one another and talk about what’s going on around the office. I’m started to be known as the girl that brings the “healthy stuff” to the meetings, but I think everyone appreciates it. This month was no exception with my apple chips AKA apple nachos.
They were just about the easiest things to whip up and look pretty impressive, right? All you’ve gotta do is:
1. Fill a large bowl with water and the juice of one small lemon.
2. Thinly slice 2 apples on an angle to create a “chip.”
3. Throw the chips in the water bath for a few minutes (to keep them from browning).
4. Arrange the chips on a plate, then melt 3 tablespoons of almond butter in the microwave for about a minute (just enough so that it turns liquidy). Using a fork or knife, dip into the almond butter and drizzle over the chips. You could also use a measuring cup with a spout to pour over the chips.
5. Haphazardly throw on cinnamon and mini dark chocolate chips to make it look pretty.
6. Impress all your office friends that you just didn’t swing by the grocery store and pick up those crappy cookies no one really likes but eats anyways.
Are you looking for a dietitian or nutritionist in Orlando? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule your appointment here. Not in Orlando but still need some nutrition help? We also do online or over the phone consultations.